Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Subway Savage

What a horrific ride home this evening on the NYC subway. As per usual, there were too many straphangers squeezing and elbowing their way into the car, which is fine when one expects it. However, I hadn't prepared myself emotionally for the utter jackass who positioned himself directly next to me.

He wasn't young (maybe 15 or so) or mentally deficient, so I was surprised by his complete lack of awareness of his immediate surroundings. The reckless monster spent the whole ride in conversation with his mother, all the while dangling himelf languidly from the bar on the ceiling.

Dangling, yes.

When the car swayed, he swayed. When the car sped up, he would plow into me with the full weight of his contorted adolescent body. Again, and again.

Until finally I barked, "Can you please stop that!" He stared at me for an astonished second with his beady, lifeless orbs, then returned to the vacuous conversation with his guardian. He also immediately resumed his gymnastic assault.

What really astonished me was not that he was acting that way, but that his mother made no attempt to stop the asinine activity. It almost makes it difficult to blame the obtuse little bastard when he clearly was never taught any manners to begin with.

Anyway, this went on for the entirety of the twenty-minute trip. It seemed like an hour.

On the television: President Bush is addressing the nation.

He's trying to explain his way out of having no clear strategy in Iraq. And smirking at the conclusion of every sentence. Does that bother anybody else?

This speech is just a repetition of the same tired, old nonsense that he's been spouting for four years now. The formula calls for using the word terrorist in every third sentense, while using the word freedom at least once in each of the other two. It works though. I just caught myself unconsciously tying a yellow ribbon around the coffee table leg.

Amazing.

6 Comments:

Blogger MinCat said...

heheheheh...its nice to hear what you have to say about mr bush.

8:25 PM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Why didn't you give him a damn good shove, and just complain it was an accident and you "tripped"?

1:05 AM  
Blogger SD said...

Yeah, I really should have.

5:50 AM  
Blogger SD said...

make it new:

It's nice to say those things about Mr Bush!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Keef said...

Well yes, every time I see GWB on TV I want to hurl things at it. I can't believe he won a second term.

9:25 PM  
Blogger MinCat said...

i know!!! but then i suppose one way of looking at it is that he is a good president for a lot of americans in america. i don't presume to know.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home