Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hot!

It is as hot as Hades today in New York City! This record-shattering scorcher made my finely crafted suit feel as though it were made of burlap and sewing needles. Actually, I don't think today shattered any records, but it may as well have. I'm relieved to be in my apartment which, as I write this, is having its air gradually conditioned to resemble a meat locker.

It's very sad about the bombings in Sharm el Sheikh. Foxy and I were planning to visit the Red Sea arcadia during the second half of our honeymoon, but I'm not sure that's still a good idea. It might actually be safer, though, due to heightened security - Egyptian style. I'm told they're both expert and brutal in their dealing with these types of situations. Also, if we alter our plans, then we're sort of stepping into the psychological snare that these psychopathic malcontents have set.

We'll see what happens.

I'm leaving on Thursday for the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England in the Channel. I've never been there, and I confess to knowing absolutely nothing about it. It is intended solely as a getaway so that my parents and I can spend some time together in a relaxed environment. London is very nervous at the moment, and I'm feeling smothered here in New York. I need to decompress like an Englishman: with lots of good beer and a parasol. Well, maybe not a parasol.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Hope you have a great time in the IoW, but there'll be nothing relaxed about Cowes next week, as you will see.

4:52 PM  
Blogger MinCat said...

so this hades place...where IS it exactly? you bin there i suppose? didnt happen to run into a little ol man called dante?

8:15 PM  
Blogger MinCat said...

thank you :) not as cool as a funded PhD at columbia wld have been, but well in the circs not bad either ;)

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home