Friday, July 08, 2005

London, UK

My deepest sympathies go out to the people of the United Kingdom, and especially to the citizens of London.

There is not a lot that can be said that hasn't been said already today.

It's atrocious, and appalling, and I know exactly how it feels to live through it. Even the most trivial elements of that morning in New York City four years ago are etched in the most vivid detail in my memory. And life goes on.

My parents reside in London, and love the United Kingdom as they do their own country. This morning's events have gutted them in the most profound way, as I'm certain it has all residents, both native and adoptive.

I received a warm call from my mother this afternoon. She wanted to share with me her observations about the British people in the wake of the day's terror: It's extraordinary how, no matter what happens, the British people always just keep their chin up. They have carried themselves through the day with the most perfect dignity.

What more needs to be said.

1 Comments:

Blogger MinCat said...

yes i agree. you know something though, there's a big messy phenomenally crowded city called mumbai which is periodically subject to bomb blasat and life just goes on. its incredible how everything is just soaked up and lives carry on. maybe its silly of me, but i wish people wld notice once in a while.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home